Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A funny thing happened on the way to the blogosphere...

About three months ago, a friend of mine told me she was going back to work full time, and asked me how I juggle being mom, wife, friend, professional, and human being. Because I'm CLEARLY the person to go to for all such things.

So I started writing a blog-response to her. Three months ago.

A funny thing happened on the way to the blogosphere.

Life happened.

I can't even tell you WHAT happened. I'm sure it was a bunch of nothings and littlethings that melded together into Lifethings. I do know that since I last posted, kids have gotten out of school, we've gone on a couple of camping trips in cooler temps, we've moved (well, that's sort of a BIGthing), and I'm still avoiding avocados. You know the saying, "Life gets away from you"? That's kinda what happened here.

It's not that I have nothing to say lately. (Matt will tell you nothing's further from the truth.) There are so many things I've wanted to post about, and probably still will: Jack's entry into Jr. High. Sam's anxiety over his best friend's moving away. The family's move (albeit, into a neighborhood where we're surrounded by good friends). My battle with this cloud that seems to be hanging over my head lately. (Probably anxiety-related, but who the fuck knows? I haven't had enough time to think about it lately.)

So to answer the original question that this post was supposed to be about - how does one juggle all the roles that's expected of him or her and come out smelling like roses? Damned if I know. I think I'm like most people - I just do the best I know how, and some days that fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants gameplan actually works. But I do know that I need to continue to fine-tune the art of putting my needs at least on the same plain as everyone else's. If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

In my efforts to keep everyone else happy, I've let my blogging slide. Blogging gave me a creative outlet, let me share my experiences, and made me feel useful. I've missed it. I've been keeping up with my Facebook page, but it's a little different. I'm able to explore things more in blogging - kind of my own free therapy. So my game plan for the next few months is not to let nothings and littlethings build up and keep me from something I really enjoy. If Lifethings come up, I'd like to talk with you all about them, not push them off to the side and assume I'll get back to them later.

I'm sorry I've been away, but I'm back. And school's starting in a week, so there will be LOTS to discuss, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment